skip to main content

* HOME *

At a Glance

About Nippon 2007
About WorldCons
Art Show
Child Care
Contact Us
Con Suite
Dealers Room
Facilities / Maps
Filking (Music!)
Guests of Honor
Handicapped Services
    Hotel Alternatives
Hugo Awards
    Hugo Winners
    Hugo Nominees
    Rocket Archive
Main Events:
    Mmbrshp Transfer
Newsletters (At Con)
Program - Western
    Program Grid
    Program Participants
Program - Japanese
Seiun Awards
Site Map
Site Selection 2009
Speculative Japan
Tour with Fans
    Ghibli Tour
    Travel Links
World S F Society
Nippon Bid Site
Archon 31 (NASFiC)
2008 Denvention 3
2009 Anticipation


Frequently Asked Questions

We'll be adding more as the confusion level rises.


Q:  What is the Party Hotel?
A:  The Party Hotel is the Intercontinental Grand Yokohama Hotel.

Q:  Where will the Bid Parties be held?
A:  The Bid Parties are currently slated to be in the Harbor Lounges.  You can see the layout of the Yokohama Pan Pacifico by going to the web site:

Q:  Is there an official airline and promotion code?
A:  Star Alliance Airline is the Official Airlines of Nippon 2007.  It provides discounts through their member airlines (United, US Airways, British Airways, ANA, Air Canada, etc.)  In North America, contact Star Alliance by using the phone number (800) 235-9262*4.  In the UK, use the number (870) 837-8866.  To use the Star Alliance discount, mention the code "NH001S7".
A:  The Nippon Travel Agency is offering a package tour of round-trip coach airfare, transfers and four nights at the convention hotel for $1300.  You can reach NTA at (650) 306-1880.

Q:  Can I purchase a "Friend of" adult membership and change it to a real name when we actually arrive at the convention?
A:  Yes, you may purchase an adult membership for 'Friend of XXX' and change it to a real name when you actually arrive at the convention. It may be more convenient for you to make the change once your travel arrangements are complete, so that you won't have to wait while the change is being made once you arrive at the Worldcon.

Q:  I am planning to bring my teenager's friend to the Worldcon. Is there a permission slip form for me to fill out and get signed by a parent that should be enclosed with the membership fee?
A:  Please get and bring with you a letter from the teenager's parents giving you the authority to act in their stead. While this may never be needed, if there is a health emergency and treatment is needed, it would be much better to have the authority rather than having to take the time to fax materials back and forth.

Q:  How do I submit a change of address?
A:  Email your name and the new address, along with either your member number or old address (so we don't change somebody else's address) to

Q:  I would like to ride a horse while I am in Japan.
A:  Tomisato Green Farm allows visitors to ride from about 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.  Weekdays, ¥4000, ¥5000 weekend per half hour.  If you contact them beforehand and want to ride several times, they have a discount.
Mr. Iwamura
185-220 Tokura
Tomisato-shi, Chiba-ken
Japan 286-0212
email:    fax:  0476-94-1091
A:  We have a list of several riding farms you might try.

Q:  Can I hire a someone to guide me around and interpret?
A:  We also have a list of several Guide/Interpreters.

Q:  I plan to take my Apple iBook with me, is there anything I have to worry about with regard to differences in current and all that other electrical stuff?
A:  They have 100 volt juice, but uou'll need a two-prong, non-polarized (blades of equal width) plug adaptor.